new Gn15 points

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

new Gn15 points

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:20 am

I noticed someone had ordered one of the 10cm radius sleepered curves, and as I wanted a break, I decided to see if I could design the matching points. This I have done. Not printed myself but they look OK.

They are also on m website.

It would be a challenge to make them with moving blades!
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Re: new Gn15 points

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:48 am

seems someone tried to order the points, but Shapeways objected to the left hand point. Just the raised writing I put on bottom to make it easier to identify, as well as a sort of copyright logo. As the left hand point is an exact mirror of the right hand one, with the writing just moved across or added to reflected design, it makes no sense.
I have changed the design slightly, increased height of writing from 0.3mm to 0.5mm and updated the Shapeways items. I have had loads of items printed successfully with this thickness of raised detail. Normally for writing I have set height at about 0.4mm, but in this case it was based on the design for the curve.
I always try to follow old designs for new ones, not only it make it easier for me, but also to use what I know works in existing designs. I could not have developed so many different designs if I had not done this. Only can think it must have been a different operator in factory who for some reason rejected one design, but someone elks OK'ed the other.
I sent a message to who ever ordered the track, saying I have made a slight change, and the can re-order the left hand points, and link them to the other order. This means only one set of postage, and is one of the best changes Shapeways made. I always tr to fix problems very quickly. Not sure when this order went in, but I was clearing down space on computer last night, to hopefully make it run the CAD program better.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Re: new Gn15 points

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:44 pm

got some questions from a member here, Richard about my other Gn15 track. In response I have created wrap around inlays for the Peco Small radius points, with giant stones for Gn15. Also done the large stone versions more suitable for O15.5, but some might prefer them for Gn15.
I am considering doing same for the medium and large radius points, more for completeness, as I don't think there are many Gn15 layouts ith such large radius points.
I still have in mind to do inlays for the Peco setrack curved point and the 3 way point. Someone did ask when I originally started if I would consider the Peco O16.5 points, but I can see no advantage, especially as I now have done the small radius points. I suppose the medium radius Y might be an option.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”