more wagon turntables

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

more wagon turntables

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue May 31, 2016 8:15 pm

just done some new versions of my 3d printed wagon turntable, with surface cut down, more typical of lightweight and portable ones. 48mm and 60mm initially done, but will look at others as well. ideal for locations with plain track
48mm wagon turntable base

48mm wagon turntable
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Nevadablue
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model trains, model steam
Gn15, G, 1:24ish people and scenery

Re: more wagon turntables

Postby Nevadablue » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Nice looking stuff Simon. :D
Ken

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:30 am

I plan to do something similar for other sizes and gauges. I had noticed that many of the wagon turntables for narrow gauge were not surrounded by cobbles or concrtete but in effect laid on top of the ground. Having found that the continuous chair I have on some track, and originally tested out with my Gn15 track, actually still held the rail, it was just finding time to do mods on turntables.
Initially it was just going to be the surrounds but then thought why not a lightweight turntable as well.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:31 am

rue_d_etropal wrote:Having found that the continuous chair I have on some track, and originally tested out with my Gn15 track, actually still held the rail, it was just finding time to do mods on turntables.
Initially it was just going to be the surrounds but then thought why not a lightweight turntable as well.

Sounds like a plan coming together. This is where I wish at least one or two other people at our little rural model train club had interest in On30 or Gn15 so we could do these kinds of things to show the public how unique and fascinating railroading in other gauges than standard can be.

True, I could build something by myself, but my health is a mess so it would be a very slow project, and if I'm doing it all by myself there is little to no point even being in a club; can do the same at home without the hassle of carrying things back and forth between club and home.
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:17 am

thanks for support , problem is getting the message out there. Once the momentum is started it will be easier. Just needs a few small layouts out there showing what can be done.
Narrow gauge modelling is a minority interest with the hobby, unless you classify OO as narrow gauge. Hopefully the resurgence of OO9 from r2r manufacturers will create more interest. One reason I cover most gauges and scales, and can easily add more.

The key to my track system is end profile, so rail will fit , and I have found the WSF plastic so tough, it can be used for a lot of ideas. Others are concentrating on locos and wagons, but I think my future is in other parts of the hobby, using the plastic for what it is good for, not trying to get it to look perfect(although the latest 3D printers are looking capable of doing that).
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:11 am

Well, if those folks with the perfect wagons wish to actually run them on something, that's where the rough and rugged dudes like you come in! :D
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:13 am

I have sent some more samples down to Railway Modeller/Continental Modeller including a built wagon turntable. Will be interesting to see what feedback I get, but as it is Summer it is a quiet time, but can still wait a while for reviews. I am planning a relaunch, specifically for the buildings, but also including track later this year.
Not sure who is following the Gn15 on Facebook, but someone new has got plans for Gn15 locos etc. Worried that some might not be looking what is already out there(Tom has quite a large range now). I am not trying to stir anything, just trying to help by getting those interested to look around. Those of us who have been here for a while know that we are a pretty small group, spread across the globe.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”