Half Pint Heywoods - 15" gauge stock for Gn15 & O9

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

HalfPint
'boxer
'boxer

Half Pint Heywoods - 15" gauge stock for Gn15 & O9

Postby HalfPint » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:04 am

First off I'd like to say I'm rather happy that there is such a active forum for Gn15 modellers, and as such it has given me many ideas for my own projects :D However, this one is being created around plans for my own Gn15 garden layout, and as such stock will be designed first, then built, and then I will sell on any successful designs.

So what is "Half pint Heywoods"?

A range of kits, that will initially be based around designs by Sir Arthur Heywood. I plan to eventually move on to kits for some of the Ravenglass and Eskdale stock, and then possibly some other items from other lines. Whilst a few items may be based upon fictional ideas, the bulk of the kits will be prototypical.

What will you bring to the table?

To start? A Heywood 0-4-0T for the Hornby Smokey Joe chassis that includes outside frames, new valve gear and crank conversions for the wheels. I will also release a range of Heywood and what if wagons (Top, Flat, Bolster, Van, Salt and Tank) to complement the locomotive. When these are done, I will be working on a kit of the Eaton Hall's "Ursula" for the Bachmann 57XX chassis.

So far there are no pictures, what have you done before?

I used to sell a range of kits under the 2A-Rail name, which I have now named JL Design. The O9 kits from that range will be reintroduced into the HPH range.

Idea on price?

£15-20 per wagon without wheels, £60-100 per loco body including parts to convert chassis to match the design. Imagine £40-80 for a typical Heywood coach body without wheels.

Website?

Coming soon - will update this thread soon.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Re: Half Pint Heywoods - 15" gauge stock for Gn15 & O9

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:57 am

Welcome to the Gnatterbox. Only thing is it is customary to post something in the newbie section first. We have less restrictions than some forums but it is always gnice to know about the person behind the name. We are a friendly bunch, but it is still easy to put some backs up.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:02 am

Hi,

All sounds interesting.

Welcome to the Gnatterbox and good luck with the range.

I assume from what you said that this is you too?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/jl-design

Cheers,

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:23 am

Chris, thanks for spotting that. Those came up on a recent email from Shapeways. I had asked on FB for more info, but no info given. One reason why I prefer people to be up front and tell us about themselves first. It is for the good of the group, and don't want any misunderstandings as happened a while back.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”