BEAUTIFUL G SCALE MATERIALS FROM REDUTEX

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow gauge & industrial

BEAUTIFUL G SCALE MATERIALS FROM REDUTEX

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 pm

I've discovered Redutex products thanks a fellow Australian modeller who posted the link to my thread at the NGRM Online forum.

I took a look and the images at the website weren't too convincing.
I had been looking for 1/32 scale barrel tiles roofing for years and finaly settled at casting my own in plaster, using a latex mould I've made from a no more in production beautiful MK35 roof.
They look great but have a problem: at the edges you see instead of the nice double profile of the barrel tiles the massivity of a plaster casting where the tiles are beautiful from above but not hollow.

So I thought I'll give the Redutex stuff a try.

When I received the plates I was astonished. Their website don't show even 5% of the quality of the products.

I wrote the company openly telling this and ecouraging them to get a more realistic and functional website. They answered they are already after that.

So here some photos of the barrel tiles roofs I've got

This is G scale

DSC08405 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08403-001 by d.caso, on Flickr

What follows is 7mm scale but can be ordered also for G scale

DSC08408-001 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08409 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08413 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08414 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08417 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08436 by d.caso, on Flickr

Here the link to thir website http://www.redutex.com/

They are really accesible people and they say they can produce anyu desiderable texture in any wanted scale and are open for suggestions.

The late selfadhesive plates are not prepared to permanency at the open air as in garden railways, but the G scale plates can be made optionaly weatherproof.

Back to the G scale barrel tiles. of course you may say "but these panels also show a massive edge instead of the nice alternate tile edge profile.
Yes, BUT: wait until you see the photos I'll be uploading in next message.

Daniel

Sorry for my dirty hand in the photos but I was at work when took the camera.
I am interested in 20" , 18" and 15" railways. specialy the ones related to agriculture. I am also interested in (old) lime stone industry.

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Here how the roof profile issue is solved

DSC08496 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08497 by d.caso, on Flickr

DSC08498 by d.caso, on Flickr

The above is done in a rush with little attention because was just a try.

The idea is to file away the material to make the first row of tiles hollow.
Then cut the tile strip and the same with the new edge row. Then the foirst strip is glued up side down under the edge of the roof and voilá.

I've been waiting for this for years!

Daniel
I am interested in 20" , 18" and 15" railways. specialy the ones related to agriculture. I am also interested in (old) lime stone industry.

Si
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: O9 and ng in general

Postby Si » Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm

they look very nice but I refuse to do business with any website that plays music at me. :twisted:

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Thu May 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Well, some people refuse to listen to a guy wearing a hat.
Others to add lemon to their steak.

But I agree, the music is not a clever approach.

Anyway, some people discover their computer has a knob that alows them to turn the sound off.

The stuff is more than that worth.

:-)
Daniel
Last edited by Daniel O. Caso on Thu May 16, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Thu May 16, 2013 10:21 pm

seen them before, their website is pretty bad. can't understand why these companies put out such poor websites. It would not take much time or money, just to list their products.
I also had trouble getting English version to connect.
Music, they should either scrap it or put an option to stop it. I have online radio as background so switching sound off is not an option for me.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Daniel O. Caso
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Daniel O. Caso » Fri May 17, 2013 5:32 am

O.k. Simon. I agree. and have also mentioned that before.
But what about the stuff?

Once the material is on my workbench or in my layout I don´t mind if the website is good or not or if it plays boring music or not.

Also other astonishing good producents have very bad or evebn terrible websites. That is bad and affect probably their sales, but not the quality of their products.
Amnd to be honest, I prefer such a boring website but such quality than many beautiful designed websites salling worthless stuff.

Nobody is perfect.

Daniel

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”