Gn15ers in GnOttinghamshire, UK

Moderator: GnOtters

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Whoo hoo I get to post first

Postby Versif » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:27 pm

Childish I know but what the heck :)

Right chaps I'm all for a get together asap, if only so I can pick your brains. Weekends or evenings?

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:40 pm

Having got the first post out of the way, always a trying time :D some more info. I work some evenings but as long as I've enough notice I can arrange to be in if evenings rather than weekends suit people. Tuesdays is right out for me though, wargames night if I'm not working!

Weekends can be problematic, family take precedence after all, but I'm fairly flexible on this front. Weekends may be easier for those with further to come if we use either my house or Martins as base camp. At least you can find it in daylight given that I live tucked away behind everyone else.

I'm happy to host any meeting and this may be less intrusive for those with family, equally I'm happy to visit and ogle layouts etc.

Can fellow Gnotters indicate their preferences as to date and time of meeting, venue etc?

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

David Nix
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow Gauge, Computing, Caravanning

Postby David Nix » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:03 pm

I would prefer to avoid Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays in the daytime, evenings are OK and will fit in with whatever is arranged.

Look forward to meeting you all.
David

A Gnother Gnotts Gn15 Gnutter

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:23 pm

Our very own place! :)
I watched it appear on screen a little while back but thought I'd hold fire on being the first!! :wink:

As far as meeting up goes.. my place is a little difficult in that I don't really have a decent space..using corners of my grubby cellar mostly for modelling as two kids have taken up suitable toy rooms! :? They are two and four so our house is usually either chaos or bedtime..
Evenings and weekends are generally okay.. I suppose evenings might be better as I'm mostly being Dad at the weekend but I'm pretty flexible.. I don't imagine that we'd be getting together all that regularly anyway?

I'm hoping to make a box/lid for Tuther End at some point and make it a little more portable (amongst other plans for it)...in the meantime the stock etc are all easy enough to transport.

So - perhaps if you're okay 'hosting' ..name your day / time and we'll see when we can all make it?

Must get to bed now....
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.co.uk/
(all earlier sites sadly demised :-( )

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:08 pm

The joy of small children :) Chaos or bedtime sounds familiar although bedtime was usually chaos!

I'm happy to host the meeting. Unless we do something rash such as opt to build an exhibition layout then I think meetings will be infrequent. And no, I'm not suggesting we do that since I don't know where I'll get the time!

So Sundays are out at the weekend leaving a Saturday. I can't make any daytime week days :( Evenings are fine but for Tuesday.

I'd tentatively suggest either a Saturday afternoon/evening or a Wednesday evening. Saturday time to suit, afternoon or evening allows for shopping, chores etc. Wednesday 7 pm or later to give me time to get back from work.

Once we hit upon an agreed date and time I'll email address details and how to find me. I'm not taken with posting my address publicly :)

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:35 pm

Slow reply.. sorry! I'd be okay with either of those.. Wednesday evening or Saturday evening.. depending on the date of course, but generally I have a wide-open social calendar :)

How about David and Colin?
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:

David Nix
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby David Nix » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:49 pm

Either Wednesday evening or Saturday evening would be OK with me, snd there's plenty of space in my diary so let those with more restrictions choose the date! :D
David

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Well 3 of us can make either a Wednesday or Saturday evening. We just need to hear from our 4th member :)
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:11 pm

In the interests of moving this along (and getting towards my magic 25 posts) I'm suggesting my house, Saturday evening on the 5th February 2005. That's a week this Saturday. I suggest anytime from 4.00 pm onwards (which is more late afternoon but who's counting?)

Use the forum to sort out times or date etc. but please contact me by email for address details and contact details etc.

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in the flesh. Also any locos and stuff you want to show off :)

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Colin Peake
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner

Postby Colin Peake » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:32 pm

Petar, Mog, David...

Apologies for not adding to this thread earlier, I've been busy being ill and haven't had much time to contribute to forums.

Unfortunately I'll not be able make the 5th, my wife works night shifts and is working that night, therefore she will want some kip and I'll be on parental duty!

I'll keep in touch though, and no doubt in due course we shall all meet at the same time. I will be wearing my other hat (promoting diesel & electric standard gauge railway modelling) on the DEMU stand at the Nottingham exhibition in March (and possibly at Doncaster in a fortnight). I'll let you know where I'll be and if you are passing pop by and say hello!
Colin Peake
http://o9modeller.blogspot.com/ - Modelling miniature railways in 7mm scale

David Nix
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby David Nix » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:37 pm

Hi Martin, Versif, Colin

Saturday February 5th at about 4.00pm sounds fine to me, really looking forward to it.

Sorry you can't be there Colin as I seem to remember you mentioning a part completed Lister in a previous post, which is an interest we share (Listers, not part completed, though I seem to suffer from that too!)
David

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:07 pm

Rats, I was looking forward to picking your brain having read one of your articles on miniature trains Colin :)

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Colin Peake
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner

Postby Colin Peake » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:50 am

Versif wrote:Rats, I was looking forward to picking your brain having read one of your articles on miniature trains Colin :)

Yikes! Are you really sure you want to be doing that? :wink: If there is anything urgent you want to ask feel free to e-mail me, the address is in my profile. If not then no doubt we will all get together at some point.
Colin Peake

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:23 pm

Saturday 5th seems okay to me, I said it out loud at the domestic authority with a questioning tone and didn't get a response beyond a shrug so I think it's safe!
Not sure how much I'll be able to contribute as my experience is very limited in the world of modelling trains but look forward to meeting up and trying not to get carried away with enthusiasm into agreeing to a joint project!! :wink:
Seriously.. I will do my best to try and get at least one of the new figures to a somewhere near completed state.

Shame you can't make it Colin, maybe see you at Nottingham.. I was hoping to get to Doncaster but it looks like work is getting in the way. (Yes versif - we do have to work weekends too sometimes!) :lol:
I was going to ask about the Sherwood Forest railway and Kirklees.. ie worth visiting etc?
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

email

Postby MOG » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:49 pm

bytheway..If you email me (Versif).. best use the home email..
MOG.HOGG@VIRGIN.NET.

:)
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:48 pm

Says the man who has already built a number of small layouts. Look forward to seeing the figures. I'll email you the details off-list.

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Colin Peake
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner

Postby Colin Peake » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:38 pm

MOG wrote:Shame you can't make it Colin, maybe see you at Nottingham..

Well, it looks like I might be able to make it after all! I got my days muddled, the other half is working the night before so I should be able to get out for a couple of hours :)

Let me just check - this is Ashfield way isn't it not Nottingham? I'll mail you off-list Petar for directions etc.

I'll bring what there is of the Lister, I might manage some completed On9 stuff as well!
Colin Peake

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:43 pm

Indeed it is Ashfield way as in Kirkby/Sutton in Ashfield. I live approx 0.5 miles from the junction of Diamond Avenue and Derby Road (A611). I've emailed suggestions offline as to how to find me.

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

Return to “The GnOtters [Gn15]”