Latest Project

Gn15ers in GnOttinghamshire, UK

Moderator: GnOtters

Colin Peake
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner

Latest Project

Postby Colin Peake » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:32 pm

As revealed at the meeting last week I'm working on the Ravenglass & Eskdale built tram loco 'Flower of the Forest' in On9. This is a pic of the model to date:

The chassis is a Kato 4w one, I've had to add some lead shot into the body to add some weight and make it run a little smoother. I'm hoping to get a few bits and pieces at the Doncaster exhibition this weekend so that I can have such luxurys as a chimney!
Last edited by Colin Peake on Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Peake
http://o9modeller.blogspot.com/ - Modelling miniature railways in 7mm scale

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:05 pm

Looks superb Colin. Good luck on finding the 'luxuries'. I'll go and sulk in a corner now :lol: Look forward to seeing it in all its glory!

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

David Nix
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow Gauge, Computing, Caravanning

Postby David Nix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:55 pm

Hi Colin

That is one beatiful piece of kit, you are really setting a high standard for the Gnotters.

I've aquired the brass sections for the Lister's frame, I'll keep you posted on progress - which I hope will begin next week. Never having done anything like it before, I must admit to being a bit nervous.
David

A Gnother Gnotts Gn15 Gnutter

MOG
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion

Postby MOG » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:01 pm

I can only echo the others Colin.. looks really good, very clean lines. Look forward to watching it's progress.. likewise with the Lister, David :)
Martin Hogg
MOGTRAINS at:
http://mogtrains.blogspot.co.uk/
(all earlier sites sadly demised :-( )

Versif
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby Versif » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:55 pm

Given all the thought and work you've put into your Lister already David I'm sure you'll do a great job. Look forward to seeing it.

Cheers
Petar Kanuritch

GnOtts Gn15 Gnutter?

David Nix
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow Gauge, Computing, Caravanning

Postby David Nix » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:04 am

Thanks Petar for those few kind words, I find them very encouraging.

It's one thing to work on the computer and produce nice drawings, or even to print it and cut out a card mock up, but it's a very different thing to work with the actual metal, etc., of the model.

Since I'm using brass, I plan to solder it together, and apart from plumbing I haven't done any of that for many years (like since I was an apprentice engineer :x ).

The main problem I forsee is in accurately securing the various components in a position where they can be soldered without disturbing them. The answer I think lies in making a jig, e.g. for one corner of the frame, which can then be used for the other three corners.

Mention was made, I think, of you asking for some help, I'll be very pleased to come over sometimes, either an evening or some daytimes.
David

A Gnother Gnotts Gn15 Gnutter

Return to “The GnOtters [Gn15]”