This morning the postie kindly delivered the bricks and cement I ordered on Tuesday, so tonight I've been having a play.
First thing I did was to glue the first course onto a piece of mounting card which in turn was pinned to a a piece of ply - this gave me a solid base to work from and something to rest the set square on as work progressed upwards.
after 2 1/2 hours I had reached a scale height of 6' and used all the 250 bricks - I feel another obscure request to santa coming on!!
I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. This will form the post between the big and small gates on the sketch.
I think the walls will be constructed as self standing units but for the buildings I will try using a thin ply shell clad in the same bricks.........